Sunday, July 19, 2009

Swine flu vaccine is safe says Health Secretary Andy Burnham

Health Secretary Andy Burnham has insisted he will never take any risks over the safety of swine flu jabs. The Minister dismissed scientists' claims that the Government could rush out the vaccines before the results of their clinical trials were known. Some medical experts warn side effects from vaccines, which have not been fully tested, could claim more lives than swine flu itself. But Mr Burnham told the Sunday Mirror: "We take advice at all times to make sure the vaccines are safe. We're not taking any risks. "If it was a more aggressive...

Officials report another swine flu-related death

he Southern Nevada Health District says a 47-year-old man with underlying medical conditions died Friday morning in Clark County. The health district did not release any additional information.The death appears to be the fourth in Nevada related to swine flu.Earlier this month health officials reported the swine flu-related death of a 51-year-old man.In late June, a 33-year-old Clark County man infected with the swine flu virus died. Also last month, health officials reported the death a 70-year-old woman, a New York state resident, who was infected...